Monday, July 5, 2010

days go by

Some times I don't feel like I am doing anything to out of the ordinary. Yes I live thousands of mils away from my family on an island in the Philippines as a missionary, but that is just life for me. All my friends tell me I need to blog more about this exciting live of mine, but I am just not a very good writer and I feel that I don't have much to write about.
Well last night it hit me my life is so crazy and differant than any one who reads this that although it is boaring for me it is quite the adventure. I have decided to do a photo diary of a day in my shoes... well flip flops for those of you think I am nuts and just want to know what I do all day. I am charging my camera for monday and then also tuesday since mondays we go to town. Those are my fun days!

So for today I will tell you about what we did last week that was a bit out of the ordinary.

One day the men went shoping in town and brought back ckicks! These poor things are not for laying eggs they are for eating sooo we force them to eat constantly and when day 48 comes they will be dinner for a team that is coming to use our camp site. Praise the Lord I don't have to be the one to prep those poor things. the men do that part. It is a nasty job and they do it without complaining, thanks guys!

The other night I went to take a shower in our ruff outdoor dorm style shower toilet stall thing. I usually take a flash light just in case the electricity goes out. But this night it was already out. Justin also needed to take a shower and since they are dorm style we used one candle for both showers. We just put the candle on top of the wall and that is how we showered that night, by candle light, So romantic don't you think?

A week or so ago we had some visitors from the US. we took them to the first church that was started here on the islands. we had to take a hour boat ride then jump up onto a wall then hike through mud, giant spinny plants, shin deep water and a bit of jungle just to get to the church. As we were walking I asked where the handicap access was. It is HARD out here. They don't handicap parking, we have two deaf kids and no one to translate the message for them. The church is a very plain hall with some home made bamboo benches not pews with backs so no relaxing here. It does help keep people awake during the service I guess. The windows are almost the full length of the wall for circulation, No AC here. When visitors come we bring fans but when they leave the fans go with them.

So that is just a taste of life here. I can't wait to show you pictures of my day. I hope you can enjoy my adventure as much as I do!

Blessings!
erin:)

No comments: