Friday, August 6, 2010

Plans and security

Well a few weeks ago I was feeling, well secure. Knowing that God has called us here for a purpose. We have all we need. We had raised all our money for our house, But we lack our monthly budget by almost half. We have a giant house being built, well to island standards. We thought the budget was for the finished product. The info we got for the budget was only for the materials. That means it did not include labor, windows, sinks, toilet, doors, paint. This brought me to my knees. What are we going to do? How will this work? We are not even half way and our budget is 90% gone. We don't everything that I think we need to really live here. I know God is our provider and will figure it all out but I was no longer in that secure place that I like to be in. You know that place where you are in controle, you can make choises, where you are the master of your life. Well from what I am learning in God's word that is NOT as safe of a place to be as I so often think. We want to trust in our own understanding. But God, I love that line, But God has a differant plan. He has a plan for us for a hope and a future, but so many times our ways are not his ways. What we want is not what He wants for us. So as I am forced to sit back and trust him I want to thank Him for what he is doing. I want to Praise him because our house is still being built. We still have food to eat. We still have a visa to live here. We still are working and serving the Lord. We just have a differant plan, God's plan. I think that is a much better plan to have. I just forget that sometimes.
Has God ever changed your plans? How?

Blessings!
erin:)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Thanks for the reminder. Our plans for our life did not include raising a disabled child. But God has a way of changing our entire life in an instant. I thank Him for that, because even though it is a much more difficult life, it is so much fuller.